so i've seen lots of talk "out there" in blog/online scrapbooking world lately.
on message boards and blogs, people talking about blogs and whether they should represent reality, or paint a pretty picture of perfection.
one of my friends brought this up recently on her blog, wondering aloud if as women scrapbookers in this industry, it was our responsibility to make our lives look perfect.
my opinion on this subject? a resounding no.
everything that follows is my opinion. that's it. it's not intended as a knock to any specific bloggers out there. it's just my thoughts on the subject matter.
i think that presenting your life as a perfect, beautiful, flawless movie script...well, i think all that does is make other people feel bad about their lives.
i have ten, twenty times more respect for authenticity than i do for false perfection.
i know this much is true. no one has a perfect life. it's simply not possible.
i have a happy, blessed, fulfilled life. but is it perfect? NO!!!!
as women, we should not be scared to share this. we need to empathize with each other...support and encourage each other. and let's start by admitting that are lives are simply not flawless.
here's my reality.
1. my bed is unmade. is most days. what's the point? no one is here to see it, and i nap every day any way!
2. i'm lonely. i miss my husband and worry about him.
3. it goes without saying that i adore my girls. but sometimes i don't know what to do with them. i don't feel like i'm doing enough. organizing enough activities. preparing them enough. being the best mom i can be. sometimes i look at the clock at 3 pm. i know jimmy isn't coming home and i think WHAT IN THE WORLD are we going to do until bedtime?
4. i wear my hair in a bun every day. no makeup. i wear glasses. i don't wear anthropologie every day. i wear target.
5.my idea of a big fancy dinner when J is gone is spaghetti. lots of the time we just go somewhere to eat, b/c then it seems like an adventure!
6. there are dirty dishes in my sink.
7. i can't keep my entire house clean. as pretty as it is, it's too much for me. i'm actually looking forward to moving to savannah and starting over in a more manageable home. my dream house is actually too much! we do better with smaller homes.
8. i don't feel like i entirely fit in here. i have a new friend of my heart who i will hate to leave. so glad i found her, b/c i felt like i didn't fit. it's hard to try to make new friends, over and over. especially ones that aren't really receptive.
9. i need to do laundry. BADLY. my entire basement is covered in piles of laundry that need to be sorted and brought upstairs!!
10. i'm not scrapbooking much right now. i just don't have the drive. it's not making me throw up (:)) any more, but it's not making me happy. i look forward to that coming back. but when the babies come, it will have to go by the wayside for quite some time. i am already paring back on some of my commitments. b/c my REAL commitment? is my family.
so there you have it. that's the truth. and it didn't hurt to admit it. not one little bit. b/c i suspect most of you can identify with this post in some way. and i don't think ANY of you thought i was perfect. HEEE! if you have a blog, i challenge you to do a post like this...it's fun and freeing. :)
hope you have a beautiful thursday!